Homeless Education Assistance

You have certain rights or protection under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act

As a family experiencing transitional housing you have the right to:

  • Continue your child’s education at the school they attended prior to becoming homeless (their school of origin for this school year)
  • Enroll your child in any public school that other students are eligible to attend, from the same attendance area.
  • Appeal if your child is sent to a school other than their school or origin or a school requested by you.
  • Have your child enroll in and have full and equal opportunity to succeed without being separated from other students.
  • Receive educational services for which your child is eligible including transportation services; participate in meal programs, referrals to health care/immunization services and other appropriate services.

If your family lives in any of the following situations you may qualify for services:

  • In a shelter, motel, vehicle or campground;
  • On the street;
  • In an abandoned building, trailer, or other inadequate accommodation; or
  • Doubled up with friends or relatives because you cannot find or afford housing.

For more information, contact

Local Liaison
Casa Grande Elem Sch District 4
Mrs. Salazar
(520) 876-3245

State Coordinator
Alexis Clermont

Please download the appropriate information.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.